25oct(oct 25)12:00 am31(oct 31)12:00 amHalloweek Fest
A little town in southern New Hampshire is going full scary this Halloween. In addition to their annual Scarecrows on the Common, the new Park Theatre is presenting a festival of
A little town in southern New Hampshire is going full scary this Halloween. In addition to their annual Scarecrows on the Common, the new Park Theatre is presenting a festival of horror movies, plus spooky events and their 2nd annual Halloween costume contest. Halloweek Fest runs from October 26 to October 31.
- The festival begins on Tuesday, October 26 at 7pm with an old-fashioned “$5 Double-Feature”. The two films are The Bat (1959 with Vincent Price and Agnes Moorehead) and Night of The Living Dead (1968), voted the best horror film of all time in many polls.
- A critically acclaimed classic thriller entitled Possession (1981), starring Sam Neill and Isabelle Adjani has been restored in high definition. RogerEbert.com gave it a 4-star review. It will be shown from October 26-28.
- On Wednesday, October 27, there will be a screening of the silent horror classic The Phantom of The Opera (1925). This restored film will be shown in the 333-seat Eppes Auditorium. The film will have a musical soundtrack of organ music that will be provided live on stage by noted silent film accompanist Jeff Rapsis. Tickets are $12.
- One of the great horror film franchises will be screened, Halloween. The original from 1978 plays on October 30 & 31, Halloween IV on October 29, and Halloween V on October 28.
- A new documentary about the life of one of the top horror actors of all time, Boris Karloff, will screen October 29 to 31. Boris Karloff: The Man Behind The Monster reviews his life and some of his most significant roles, including the Frankenstein monster, The Mummy, and, of course, the voice of the Grinch.
- Starting Halloween Day, October 31st, there will be a screening of the new animated family-oriented film, The Addams Family 2 (2021). It shows on the 31st at 2pm and continues for a week.
25 (Monday) 12:00 am - 31 (Sunday) 12:00 am
19 Main Street - Jaffrey